The Beat

The Beat

Gaga for Gaga

Gaga for Gaga

/p>

Sacred Heart alumna, Lady Gaga performs the Star Spangled Banner at the 2021 Inauguration like no other. 

On January 20, 2021, the female pop star Lady Gaga performed the National Anthem at President Joe Biden’s Inauguration with her signature style. Known for her striking outfits and wide-ranging vocals, Gaga lived up to expectations in a custom Schiaparelli jacket and voluminous red skirt. The look was completed with a golden bird brooch and matching gold microphone. Throughout the 2021 election, Gaga had been an active supporter of the Biden-Harris campaign and often encouraged her followers to vote. 

Lady Gaga, born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta on March 28, 1986, in Yonkers, New York attended middle school at the Convent of the Sacred Heart in Manhattan. She was inspired by music and fashion from an early age with her first album, “The Fame,” debuting in 2008. 

Growing up with a Sacred Heart education, Gaga continues to live out the Five Goals of the Sacred Heart Education in her everyday life with significant focus on Goal III, a social awareness which impels to action. Beginning in 2012, Gaga and her mother, Cynthia Germanotta, founded “Born this Way Foundation” with the goal of “creating a kinder and braver world.” By organizing youth-focused programs, engaging in campaigns that advocate change in their communities, the “Born This Way Foundation” puts the “needs, ideas, and voices [of teens] first” and focuses on their mental health. In 2015, Gaga wrote, “Til It Happens To You” for the movie, “The Hunting Ground” which deals with the topic of rape on college campuses. The year before, Gaga opened up about a sexual assault she suffered during high school.

Another accomplishment Gaga cherishes is the launch of her own makeup brand “Haus Laboratories.” Debuting in 2019, the brand focuses on self-love and expression with the mission of providing tools to spread creativity, kindness, and bravery. While actively supporting seventy-seven charities, Gaga gives her own advice and stories to drive her “Little Monsters,” Gaga’s fanbase, to change the world.