The Beat

The Beat

Martina Santos 26 (left) hosts Nieves Gomez as an exchange student from Madrid.
Meet Nieves Gomez
May 27, 2024

Super Bowl LVIII


The Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers are set to go head-to-head in the Super Bowl, this upcoming Sunday, in Las Vegas’ Allegiant Stadium on February 11, 2024. The Chiefs, led by their dynamic quarterback, Patrick Mahomes, will look to build on their past success against the 49ers in 2019 and secure a fourth win. On the other side, the 49ers, known for their strategic gameplay, aim to add a sixth championship to their Super Bowl history with their quarterback, Brock Purdy, recently selected in the 2022 NFL Draft. 

The chiefs won their first Super Bowl title in the 1969 season, defeating the Minnesota Vikings in Super Bowl IV. Meanwhile, the 49ers boast five Super Bowl victories (XVI, XIX, XXIII, XXIV, XXIX), making them one of the most successful franchises in NFL history. 

In a recent poll taken among 139 Carrollton students, 63.7% predicted the Kansas City Chiefs will win, and the other 36.3% believe the San Francisco 49ers will take home the Vince Lombardi Trophy. The clock is ticking for the results to be announced Sunday!

Beyond the excitement on the field, the anticipation surrounding special guests, halftime entertainment, and the overall spectacle promises to make this Super Bowl a must-watch event. The Super Bowl is not just a football extravaganza; famous faces are bound to light up the event, whether they’re cheering for their favorite team from the luxury suites or making surprise appearances during the halftime show. 

As the anticipation builds, fans can expect Usher to not only showcase his vocal prowess but also unleash his signature dance moves, turning the halftime show into a mesmerizing spectacle. Familiar faces such as Beyoncé and Jay-Z, Super Bowl regulars, and predicted appearances such as Taylor Swift are also expected to be seen from the stands, or even the stage. Due to her popularity, tickets for this game are recorded to be the most expensive tickets in Super Bowl history, averaging $9,850 per ticket and ranging from $5,434 to $34,862. 

With the countdown to kickoff well underway, anticipation for Super Bowl 2024 is reaching a high, promising a thrilling spectacle that will captivate audiences worldwide.

Leave a Comment
More to Discover
About the Contributor
Meredith McKenna
Meredith McKenna, News Editor
Meredith McKenna is a current junior at Carrollton and the editor of News for The Beat newspaper. Meredith writes news articles on current events while also vlogging important topics within the school. She is a part of the sailing team, campus ministry and an ambassador for the Miami Learning Experience.  She was also  awarded with an Honorable Mention in News Writing last year at the National Journalism Education Association Convention in San Francisco, CA.

Comments (0)

All The Beat Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *