The Beat

The Beat

Elly’s tips for a productive year – PLANNING

It is no surprise that COVID-19 has disrupted daily life all over the world – the 2019-2020 school year was cut short with most schools moving to virtual learning. Now with the start of the 2020-2021 academic year, students face many unknowns. Will I be able to be on campus? What supplies will I need? How do I stay motivated? Will I fall behind due to remote learning? How can I protect my family from COVID-19 as I engage in hybrid mode or full-time in-school learning? Fortunately, there are a few tips and tricks to help students ease into the school year without panic. 

Let’s start with proper PLANNING.

With such a crazy schedule, the first thing everyone needs is a planner and the commitment to use it. A planner can help you track what assignments you need to complete, which eliminates students’ anxiety about possibly missing an assignment or not being prepared for an assessment.  Students may also find that writing their goals and accomplishments in their planner can help keep them motivated and eager to stay on track. Thankfully, Carrollton has provided each student with a pocket sized planner which allows you to keep track of all your responsibilities, on campus learning days, and yes – even tasks not academically related.

A planner gives you the freedom to plan and organize your year in a creative way. You can use different colored pens, add stickers, bookmarks, and other materials that keep you motivated to get organized. As you can see in the pictures above, a planner has no limits and will help you be successful.