The Beat

The Beat

Sophomore retreat: a time to connect with others and deepen faith

Sophomore gather together for a retreat at Lake Placid.

Sophomore retreat was an unforgettable experience for the class of 2026 that will stay with them for the rest of their lives.

The sophomores left Carrollton bright and early on the morning of March 6, 2024. They boarded the bus ready to embrace the unknown, but little did they know how extraordinary the next few days would be. They were accompanied by faculty and outstanding junior retreat leaders, who elevated their experience with kind spirits and immense faith.

At Lake Placid, students listened to juniors give talks as well as played volleyball games, swam in the lake, went down the slip and slide, made bracelets, and had loads of fun. The grade experienced God’s love firsthand with the connection and unity that the retreat created. The bonding re-instilled a sense of sisterhood in the class.

“Sophomore retreat was truly one of the most moving and best experiences of my life,” said Alissa Azcuy ’26. “Not only was I able to grow closer to God, I was able to grow closer to Him alongside my lifelong sisters through our group discussions and deep conversations together.” 

Isabella Ramirez ’26 believes that the retreat also helped her faith and provided an opportunity for her to connect with new people. “Sophomore retreat brought me closer to my grade than I ever have been before and brought my faith to a deeper level,” she said. “From late night talks to opening up with people I rarely talk to, this retreat was an eye-opening experience and I’m forever grateful I got to experience this.” 

The retreat also gave students the opportunity to destress for a moment. “Sophomore retreat allowed me to disconnect from reality and deepen my faith with God,” said Audrey Russler ’26. This makes her excited for other events and experiences with her Carrollton sisters in the future. “I am very excited for more retreats to come,” she said, “to experience the kind of love that I experienced.”

View Comments (1)