The Beat

The Beat

Happy Halloween!

Happy+Halloween%21

/p>

Adhering to COVID-19 safety precautions didn’t dampen the fun-filled Halloween festivities at Carrollton this year.   

Like many events at Carrollton, the Halloween season began with a service activity. Second graders wrote cards and donated some 200 costumes to the patients at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital for a special Halloween dress-up. Not only did the second graders make the patients’ day, but they truly lived out our Sacred Heart Goal III.

Montessori students had their usual Halloween parade through the Junior High. Primary students paraded through the Barat campus with both the Upper School and Intermediate communities cheering them on. The Intermediate School’s traditional haunted tunnel was replaced by an outdoor version.

The Junior High students chose costume themes for their advisory groups and performed skits from their classrooms on Zoom. In the Upper School each grade dressed by themes and painted pumpkins. 

After the Halloween parades, Montessori, Primary and Intermediate students made the rounds through a trunk or treat on the Duchesne Campus.

On Saturday there was another trunk or treat event which this year, because of COVID restrictions, replaced the Goal IV Fall Harvest Festival, and brought the community together. Junior High students sponsored a drive to collect candy and treats for the event, Upper School students decorated their cars and handed out the candy, and Montessori, Primary and Intermediate school families dressed up in costumes, and drove through the Barat Campus receiving treats.