The Beat

The Beat

Sofia Duarte 25 meets Sergeant Rosa at Shake-a-Leg.
Art and sailing
March 15, 2024
The Class of 2025 poses with their rings after the ceremony on February 3.
Love conquers all
March 6, 2024

Mask o’ween

Mask+o%E2%80%99ween

/p>

What’s scarier than Halloween? A global pandemic. 

This year Halloween  will be very different, so, what’s the safest way to spend the spookiest night of the year?

For one thing,we will be wearing more masks than usual. According to the CDC, “Many traditional Halloween activities can be high-risk for spreading viruses. There are several safer, alternative ways to participate in Halloween.” The CDC recommends not using a costume mask as a substitute for protective masks and to avoid activities which don’t allow social distancing such as trick or treating and visiting haunted houses. 

Remember that outside is safer than inside and social distancing needs to be maintained. So, Halloween gatherings outdoors with plenty of room between revelers is a safe bet. 

Mrs. Consuegra writes, “Halloween is a really important celebration for the little ones so we have to find a way for them to still enjoy the day while being safe.” Carrollton will still conduct the Halloween parades, the students and teachers will be able to dress up in costumes and there will be a trunk or treat. All of the girls are required to stay 6 feet apart, stay in their cohorts, wear their protective masks, and will not be allowed to eat the Halloween candy at school. The Intermediate School won’t be able to conduct their traditional Haunted Tunnel, but they will have an outdoor spooky experience hosted by the 4th grade parents. As for the Junior High,  the students will come to school dressed according to their planned group theme. They will be distributing individually packaged treats and will continue to follow the CDC, and the medical task force guidelines.

The Upper School community will have themed costumes – while still wearing protective masks.